Healthy Holiday Cheat SheetAditaLang
Holidays are filled with great times, that include family and friends; these are the times to cherish. Unfortunately, these are also the times to overindulge, pack on the pounds, and take our energy from feeling great to just getting by.
For some reason we have decided that holiday gathersing become erased by “New Years Resolutions”, so indulge why dont you?
There’s a better way to get by. If you take charge of your health throughout the year, when the holidays arrive you learn to manuver the sustem towwards health, instead of overindulgence.
Here are my top tips for making this holiday season a kick start to an amazing New Year:
1. Load up on protein. Oh yes, protein takes longer to digest and will make you fuller faster, and for a longer period of time. This way there’s less room, and desire, for all those sugary treats.
2. Avoid arriving to the party, gayjering, or dinner… HUNGRY. Eat a snack or meal loaded with quality protein and fat before you head out the door. I know this sound counter-intuitive, but this way you are less likely to overindulge on the bad stuff, and you remain content with a small taste here and there.
3. Food and exercise keep your metabolism shining, I know your schedule is tight during the holidays, but mixing in a few squats here, and some push-ups there, will Supercharge some extra calorie burning power. Like the old adage says…park further away and get in as much walking as you can. Can we aim for 12,000 steps a day?
4. Drink TONS of water. When you are hydrated, you burn more fat during your cardio moments. This helps to fill yourself up so that you can enjoy tasting the pie, without eating the entire thing.
5. Sugar, flour, dairy, and alcohol all break down and metabolize as a sugar, so choose zero to one with each meal and snack, only one! If you want the pie, you can’t have the cream sauce or wine, you make the choice, and make it a good one.
Overindulging has no real positive affect. It will add extra body fat, reduce your energy, and leave you wondering why you did it on January 2nd. I get it, the holidays start with Thanksgiving and continue on until New Years. Why not take January by storm. Start the year feeling great by enjoying the festivities, all while making better choices. This way you will feel better thanever on January 3rd!
With Peace, Love, and Health,
Need a few great Holiday Gift Ideas…
SuperPowers, A Busy Woman’s Guide to Health and Happiness is a good one for any multi tasking female needing to slip in a few healthy habits without disrupting their day.
SuperPowers of the Family Kitchen – This is the ideal book for any parent who wants to feed their children for success without stress and complications
Don’t forget to SHARE this with all your peeps, we need to spread the love. Thank You!
©Copyright 2023, Adita Lang. Adita Lang works with individuals and groups to maximize their health through exercise and nutrition. She is available for Coaching and Public Speaking.
For questions or booking, please email her at info@AditaLang.com.
For recipes, lifestyle tips, and more visit her at www.AditaLang.com.